Thursday, October 28, 2010

Preferences, Camera Raw adjustments in Bridge & Lightroom

I recently got my activation keys for Photoshop CS5 and Lightroom 3 and I am happy to avoid those 30 day trial screens.  I work with both of these at home and school and I noticed a few things.  My home preference settings (under edit pull down) don’t change, but at school it is necessary to check all preferences carefully if you want to have consistent results.  The other thing is the Camera Raw adjustments in these two programs.  The menu layouts are different, so you have to hunt around for the particular slider you need.  And there is one other huge difference:  the Bridge menu is white and arranged in columns, the Lightroom menu is black and you scroll down one column.  It’s frustrating to have to re-learn a menu (with each new version!), but each program has the same adjustments.  Below are some composite screen shots of the menus.


No comments: