Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Flower Arranging

Mary has been arranging flowers, on the flower guild at church, for about 2 years now. I accompanied her to Van‘s Floral Products in Doraville, GA, last Friday in hopes of a colorful feature.  I noticed the average light is close to daylight temperature, but a gray card is necessary because of skylights and other light sources.  It is also rather dim, as you would expect in a warehouse.  “Mother’s Day is the most colorful event”, according to manager Paul Jenkins.  Their busiest day for in-coming flowers is Monday so I plan to return again throughout the Fall season.  Who says poinsettias are not colorful?   Paul said the entire floor can get jammed with deliveries around 10AM.

She wanted a picture of her creation for this weekend, so I took this dark thing.  The best examples of this type that I found on the web showed the arrangement in its environment, on an alter or a specially made stand.  I want to set up for this “pose” with studio lights.

No comments: